Monday, April 20, 2009

Be careful what you wish for

The much-anticipated departure date is now a week away!!!!!!!!
Torrid will be fueled- yes, sailors often rely on their "iron spinnaker" more commonly known as an engine.
The radio needs to be checked out by a pro and that pro needs to re-train me in using a Single sideband radio.
I hope to be able to post entries and photos via the internet while en-route. If unable now, I'll be making daily entries with photos and upload the info when I get to Fiji- or wherever.
It is forseeable that I'll stop in Pago Pago, American Samoa if I need food, repairs, rest or any number of other reasons.
Leaving Hawaii has been giving me some very mixed feelings.
I'm reminded of the adage; Be careful what you wish for, it just might come true!!!!!
Having wished for this trip for 41 years makes me glad I have stuck to my dream. It has come at a VERY dear cost.
Hawaii will soon be behind me and a new life, hopefully full of adventure, learning and living life to its full measure awaits.

No comments: