Friday, March 12, 2010

WAITING FOR (CYCLONE) TOMAS

A serious cyclone threat is in effect for Fiji. Cyclone, or as we call them in the USA Hurricane, Tomas is taking aim at Fiji.
It is projected to hit on Sunday, 14 March 2010.

I have had a jolly time preparing TORRID. This morning I did my last major task by taking my jib down and storing it below decks. All mooring lines have been doubled and everything topside has been lashed down.

I fully expect that water and electricity will be off for several days, so I've charged my batteries and filled my water bottles.

Right now the Tomas is "predicted" to pass to the East of my location. Let's hope so, but we all know how weather predictions are; educated guesses.

It looks like I may finally have some pictures to add to my BLOG. Too bad they are not going to be "fun" pictures.

Wish me luck. This time I think I'll need it!

No comments: