Tuesday, May 18, 2010

CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH

Yesterday, 18 May 2010 my stitches were removed and the pathology report was a clean bill of health. My skin cancer on my eyelid is finally gone. I would like to thank and recommend Dr. John De Waal. What a great guy!
On the other hand, I'd REALLY like to thank my first American doctor who diagnosed my beginning skin cancer as merely a "Stye" and not to worry about it. I'd also REALLY like to thank my second American doctor who almost correctly diagnosed my squamous cell carcinoma as a basal cell carcinoma (not as bad as squamous), but would not treat me until I paid him $10,000.00 up front!!!!!!!!!
Small wonder that the American health care system is so bad! Good luck to President Obama and my congratulations to him for having the courage to at least start an American health care program. Although it will not be perfect, Rome was not built in a day!
I head back to Fiji in a few days and finally prepare to go to Vanuatu. I'll be able to post some interesting pictures on my BLOG.

1 comment:

Little Miss Thing said...

Congratulations! That is great news!
Hey, the NHS isn't so bad, and your neighbours to the north seem to manage! It's about time the US got their healthcare in order!
Happy sailing!