Sunday, July 11, 2010

FIRST LANDING FAREWELL

My departure was delayed a day as I awoke to torrential rain and gale-force winds. Better safe than sorry.

Last evening I went around to say goodbye to all my wonderful Fijian friends I had come to know and admire over the months.

I went to First Landing and said goodbye to everyone.

After a while I got up to leave and was asked to remain for a little while longer.

Usually when a guest or guests prepare to leave a trio of singers comes by to sing the traditional Fijian song of farewell. In my case over 20 people from cooks to waiters to bartenders to security staff ALL joined into the song just for me! It was VERY difficult to fight back the tears. The wonderful people honored me in a way I had never seen before.

If you want to travel to an exotic location and meet some of the sweetest, kindest people on the Planet, you can go far wrong by coming to Fiji.

It has been a year of joy and self-discovery. I'll not be surprised if I return,

NI SA MOCE, FIJI!

No comments: