Saturday, May 30, 2009

May 30, 2009

Bula!

Fiji is just great! One-fourth the cost of Tahiti and English is the national language.
Repairs have begun on Torrid. The transmission is probably going to be OK, the jib is being repaired as I write and the main sail may have to go to Suva.
Fiji is past the International date Line so it is already tomorrow here.
I've had a little difficulty loading pictures. The problem has been with me, not the internet.
I'll probably meet a welder tomorrow. George spotted a part which needs attention and if it fails while underway it would create just a merry old mess.
I plan to be in Fiji for as long as possible, possibly up to 6 months.
I hope to explore past Savusavu in the next few days and find some nice dive spots.
More updates and pictures later.
Cap'n Mal

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mal,

Just heard about your trip from your last lady friend, the massage therapist. Glad you are having a ball. I retired in '04 but am island bound for the most part because of my wife's health. Keep in touch.

Ted