Saturday, January 30, 2010

AMAZING GRACE

Today I was doing routine work aboard Torrid. As usual, I had a movie playing on my computer for background noise and some entertainment. The tune "Amazing Grace" came on and I was immediately thing poleaxed!

I was instantly reminded of the premature death of my son Craig. All of the painful and sorrowful memories instantly came boiling to the surface. I have not cried since his death, but the tears were uncontrollable.

I try to remember all of the "good" times we had together. I was blessed by being allowed to watch him grow from boyhood to manhood. I was damned by watching his premature and senseless death!

I still have a hard time accepting this unfair event! I suppose we must all accept the fact that, if we live long enough, very bad things will happen in our life. Hopefully, at the end of the day, the joy in our lives outweighs the sorrow.

I had many, many, many moments of great joy with my son.

I'm getting anxious to leave Fiji and sail on to Vanuatu. Torrid is nearly ready. Remaining repairs are minor. Fuel,food and fair weather are all I need----------I hope!

I love you, Craig!

No comments: