Sunday, February 7, 2010

SUPER BOWL 2010

Today is Monday, Feb. 08, 2010. It is Superbowl Sunday in the States. Fortunately, I was able to secure the television in the adjacent First Landing Resort and was able to watch the American classic from start to finish.



I was happy that New Orleans won, they deserved the victory. What bothered me was twofold: 1. NOBODY ELSE CARED ABOUT THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt as though I was watching Sweedish Dart Throwing finals. The interest in the game was limited to........me. 2. The game TV provider, ESPN Australia, did NOT SHOW ANY OF THE UNITED STATES COMMERCIALS. I realllllllllllly love the annual Super Bowl commercials. Every time a commercial break came on I got to watch promos for Italian Soccer, Australian tiddlywinks or such other drivel that drove me to distraction.



Fortunately, the game was GREAT and the Fijians were amused at my cheering and yelling.



Tomorrow I hope to take some friends of friends out for a sail to Bounty Island, do a little diving, visit the resort and come back for dinner at First Landing. Hopefully I'll take some pictures and add to the LOG

No comments: