Wednesday, June 23, 2010

FINAL PREPARATIONS

I am about 1 week from finally leaving Vuda Marina.

I'll sail to the nearby port of Lautoka. In Fiji if you want to sail from one area to another you must physically present yourself to the customs authorities and get clearance (permission) to depart. When you arrive at the next port you must do the same thing i.e., check in with customs and immigration. If you fly, drive or take a ferry-no problem. If you are on a yacht you have to go thru this procedure. Failure to do so properly can get you in a LOT of trouble.

Yesterday my Single-sideband radio (short-wave radio) was taken into the shop for repairs. It seemed to not be putting out enough power.

Otherwise, I'm almost ready. Just need to take on a few more provisions before I finally make the hop to Vanuatu.

No comments: