Tuesday, June 29, 2010

FINAL SHOPPING VISIT TO LAUTOKA

    I am in Lautoka for my (hopefully) final shopping trip.

  Torrid is pretty much ready for the trip back to Savusavu.  

  I found out that my "Care package" from the States will arrive on Saturday, so I'll hang at Vuda for a few more days.

  I'm anxious to move on, but the "Care Package" has several items which will make my passage to Vanuatu far more comfortable.

  It will be with a VERY heavy heart that I depart Fiji and her wonderful people.
  Living in Fiji is all about compromise.  You must learn to do without the many, many conveniences of living in the USA.  As a trade-off, you learn to live without crime, traffic, neighbors and worrying about whatever is going on in the rest of the World.  I have not driven a car in over a year and REALLY do not miss it!

  I'll probably send an update from Savusavu, then not post another entry until I'm safely in Port Vila, Republic of Vanuatu. 

  

No comments: