Wednesday, August 18, 2010

ETON BEACH, VANUATU





Yesterday, 17 August, 2010 Dianne and I visited Eton Beach and Eton Blue Lagoon on Efate Island near Port Vila.

The beach is one of the prettiest beaches I've ever seen and I've seen a LOT of beaches. The beach was totally deserted.

A clear, fresh-water stream flows into the ocean right alongside the beach.

I am VERY pleasantly surprised that a developer has not turned the area into a resort.

Nearby was a fresh water lagoon with vivid blue water. I was surprised to see small fresh water crabs on the log I was sitting on.

The day was sunny and beautiful. Truly one of those "Perfect Days".

Today, 18 August brought rain to Port Vila. It gave Dianne the opportunity to complete her "Guilt gift" purchases for her numerous friends and relatives in Australia.

1 comment:

George said...

Hey Mal!

GEORGE HERE!! Very nice photos, and great to hear you are not alone!!! :)

I especially like this 4th picture with you in that hat under the palm tree!!! Very very nice!

Greetings to Dianne, she is one LUCKY LADY!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!

LOVE
George

ps: I am in Amsterdam now... having a great adventure of my own with Lisa (girl I met, married and travelled with since last August in Thailand)