Tuesday, May 1, 2007

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY- MAY 1, 2007

LAW DAY 2007- THE RULE OF LAW

Common sense and honest introspection would move or society from one of litigation to one of cooperation and life under the Rule of Law.
I, as a practicing lawyer, used to say: "If everyone told the truth all of the time we lawyers would not be necessary".
My job was to present the "Truth" in the light most favorable to my client. I discovered that not everyone was convinced of my client's position. Frequently I found that clients hired Lawyers in order to obscure the facts. Had they been completely honest they would've realized the weakness of their position.
We have a marvelous albeit imperfect system of Laws. The Achilles heel of our system is the fact that people lie. If they told the truth and applied the Law to the truth the decision would usually become self-evident.
Before you start a lawsuit or continue with the one you are in ask yourself truthfully how honest your position is. Maybe you'll find more time to live your life rather than waste precious time fighting in Court.

No comments: