Wednesday, September 30, 2009

SHORE VISIT


This morning I went ashore at Tamusua village on the south coast of Yasawa island. The GPS coordinates are approximately S 16 Degrees 50 Minutes 450 Seconds, East 177 Degrees 27 Minutes 823 Seconds for those interested in using Google Earth.

I met "John" who will be my guide to the caves at nearby Sawa-i-lau island.

John took me to meet the chief. We had a very pleasant meeting and I gave him a gift of Kava.

I also brought in a little "extra" gift of a kilo of flour which I gave to John and his diving pals.

John couldn't take me right away as he was going spearfishing. A large Australian tour boat is in the Bay and John will sell his catch to them. Get this, he's going for Barracuda and Walu, both very large, agressive fish with a LOT of teeth. Pictures of both can be found in earlier entries of my BLOG.

The picture is of John walking towards his dive boat with his village of Tamusua in the background.

Hopefully I'll have cave pictures later. John is to meet me at 1330 hours-----but remember---that's "Fiji time".

No comments: