Thursday, November 19, 2009

ANCHORS AWEIGH

Today I purchased 65 meters (219.05 feet) of anchor chain. I can now safely cruise to the nearby islands during the cyclone season.
Torrid gets relaunched on Monday, November 23, 2009. She and I are REALLY looking forward to getting back on the water.
Very little remains to be done for the relaunch. The biggest hurdle has been the heat! It is easily over 100 degrees in the Marina from 0930-1630. As a consequence, I've been spending a lot of time lounging by the swimming pool at the adjacent First Landing Resort. I must say that I am very impressed by their hospitality, especially since I am not a hotel guest. They are very yachtie friendly. I try to enhance my welcome by eating here frequently. Today is Friday and pizza is 1/2 price------oh boy!

No comments: