Friday, November 13, 2009

A HAPPY DECISION, I HOPE!

I have decided to put TORRID back in the water where she belongs!
Since my travel plans to SE Asia have been put on hold and I'm back to living aboard TORRID, it makes little sense to not use her for some more sailing in Fiji.
For the most part, the Cyclone season is a non-event. In the meantime, the sailing can be quite pleasant. In the event a Cyclone does threaten, I will be near Vuda Marina where I can return to moor in a reasonably safe location.
Three days ago while riding the bus into Lautoka, I saw my favorite Fijian island, Waya, beckoning me in the distance.
I'll now have to prepare TORRID for the launching.
My only real impediment is that I have to purshase new anchor chair before I can do any serious cruising.
I think TORRID senses my decision and she seems delighted!

No comments: