Wednesday, July 15, 2009

NEARING MUSKET COVE

I am VERRRRRRRRRRRRRY pleased to announce that I have departed Lautoka and am nearing Musket Cove. The little islands I have passed by en route are the "picture postcard" islands you see on the web pages when you look up Fiji vacations.
Naturally they will be full of tourists, but after dealing with the hustle of Nandi and the grime of Lautoka I'll put up with a few tourists anytime----especially if they're in bikinis.
Musket Cove is said to be THE place to be when cruising Fiji. I hope so.
My Fiji visa extension was granted, so I may remain here until late November.
George has purchased a ticket to Australia and I have obtained permission from the Fiji Immigration Department for him to leave the boat. Yes, I have to obtain permission from the Government for crew members to join or depart the boat.
I should be uploading pictures soon. Lautoka and Nandi were NOT picture worthy. Even on a digital camera.
Hopefully I'll have some friends send a "Care package" of supplies I need. Most of these supplies are readily available almost anywhere in the States. In Fiji-----well, let's just say that they either don't have it, never heard of it or the Government import Tax is so high as to make is cost prohibitive.
Oh, well. When in Rome.

No comments: