Thursday, September 23, 2010

AORE ISLAND RESORT

Yesterday Dianne and I went over to Aore Island Resort. The boat shuttle from Luganville was free and well organized.

The resort is beautiful and idyllic. It is directly across the Segond Channel from Luganville. There is no surge and the water is crystal clear. Kayaks are free to use as are the bicycles.

The resort is an idyllic spot to really relax and unwind.

In a few days we will sail from Espiritu Santo to Pentecost Island thence to Ambryn Island and Epi Island and finally back to Port Vila, Vanuatu.

I have decided to take Torrid back to Fiji where I'll put her in a slip for safe storage during the cyclone season. Afterward I'll fly to Australia and tour about until April 2011.

Next year I'll sail thru Indonesia, Malayasia and eventually Thailand where I'll put Torrid in for interior work. She needs storage cabinets and bookshelves.

Right now I'm still hoping that my auto-pilot gets repaired. I'm now promised "tomorrow". I've heard that promise before-----------many, many, many times.

No comments: