Sunday, June 14, 2009

ON TO TAVEUNI


It looks as though I'll finally land in Taveuni. It is 1330 hrs and I', 8 miles off the bay at Matei.

I tried to get there yesterday but ran out of time. I didn't want to try the sometimes dangerous Somosomo passage in the dark so I spent a quiet night at a place called Fawn Harbor.

Fawn harbor is very quiet and I'm surprised it isn't used more as it is a very deep and wide harbor. I guess it is because so few people live on that part of the island.

Skin diving is supposed to be great and I'm looking forward to using the Hookah dive system and taking underwater pictures to show.

George caught two small tuna on the way to Taveuni so we'll try to get a restaurant to whip us up their version of sashimi in exchange for the rest of the fish. Who knows? You don't get what you don't ask for.

Here is a picture George took of me as I was watching the boys butchering the pig the other day.

No comments: