Wednesday, August 19, 2009

HAULIN' OUT


Torrid was hauled out of the water this morning.

I can tell you that this is one of THE most worrisome days in the life of a boat owner.

I must say that I did not sleep very well last night in anticipation of today's planned activities.

As it turned out, all went well with no problems whatsoever. The crew here at Vuda really know their business.

As I make this Blog entry my bottom has already been cleaned and is being taped and sanded. Yes, I did mean my BOAT bottom.

Another couple of workmen are fixing the transmission leak which has been plaguing me ever since my arrival off Taveuni in March of this year.

My Cutlass bearing will also be replaced as it is loose and I had noticed quite a vibration when the engine was on and in gear.

The picture is of Torrid just as she came out of the water.

For the time being, Iexpect less than 1 week, I'll be living "On the hard".

No comments: