Friday, August 28, 2009

STILL UP IN THE AIR AT VUDA


Well, Torrid's bottom has never looked better and my transmission has been repaired---I hope. My windlass, that's the thingamajig that raises and lowers my VERRRRRY heavy anchor and chain was not fixed properly so it is being worked on. Since I was up on the "Hard" ie., dry dock, I decided to check out my rudder, that's the thingamajig that controls the direction the boat is supposed to go. Well, the rudder seemed a little loose so I had it removed and found that my rudder bearing needed replacement. Believe me, I'd MUCH rather take of this matter BEFORE is becomes a major problem at Sea. An ounce of prevention, etc., etc., etc.

I have realized that is is DIFFICULT to spend more than $20.00(US) on food per day in Fiji. Sure, I don't eat steak and lobster, but the food is good and reasonable.

This evening was "Pizza night" at the adjoining resort. For $5.00 (US) I had a pizza which was much too large for one sitting. Guess what's for breakfast? Speaking of breakfast, this morning I ate in Lautoka and had a full breakfast with coffee, toast, 2 eggs, bacon and sausages for $6.00 (US). No, I'm not fixated on food, just supporting the point I'm trying to make about the reasonableness of the food costs here.

This evening I treated myself to a Diet Coke at the Marina bar at sunset, I hope the reader enjoys another spectacular Fiji sunset as much as I did.

2 comments:

Terry said...

You're making me hungry for pizza tonight (that's Friday), here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX area. I shall eat my pizza and look at your sunset picture of Fiji. Thank you Mal.

DJ said...

I hoope it was veggie pizza?
Beautiful sunset. Big rain for this week in Northen CA. Wind later in the week.
Dina