Saturday, December 12, 2009

ANOTHER VIVID DREAM

Last night I had another vivid, frustrating, revealing dream.
My father had come to visit me. He explained that he had been living in a faraway place which, I suppose, was his reason for not remaining in contact with me for so long.
He explained, with tears welling in his eyes, that he was very ill and did not have long to live. He told me, for the only time I could remember in my life, that he loved me.
The only time I had ever seen him cry in my entire life was at his father's funeral.
I tried to write down his phone number so we could get together within the next few hours. For some reason I found it impossible to write the digit "8". As hard as I tried, my trembling hands could not write down his telephone number correctly.
I awoke to find myself again in that post-dream condition wherein it takes you several minutes to realize that you had only been dreaming.
You see, my father had died on 2/8/88.
He never told me he loved me.
Sadly, I never told him that I loved him.
Shame on me!
Tell the ones you love how happy you are that they are in your life. Tell them that you love them EVERY DAY. Even on the days that you don't like them.

No comments: