Tuesday, December 22, 2009

CASTAWAY ISLAND


Today, 12/23/09 I moved over to Castaway Island.


The resort is "Yachtie" friendly and even offers a couple of free mooring balls.


They have THE BEST pizza in Fiji. I'm thinking of staying for another day just to justify having another pizza! Merry Christmas to me!


The wind has kicked up a wee bit and frankly, I don't trust this mooring, so I'll be content to boat sit this evening.


The picture is taken from Castaway Island with Mana Island in the distance.


I REALLY doubt that we will have a white Christmas.


I saw part of an American football game the other day. Of course there were the usual crowd photos of the shirtless, probably drunk, fans making a spectacle of themselves in the hopes of a momentary spot on national TV. It occured to me that it might be fun to have half a dozen Fijians dress up in parkas, snow pants, boots and ski caps and stand on the sidelines during a Rugby game, called a "test", shivering like mad in hundred degree temperatures here in Fiji to spoof the clowns in the US.

1 comment:

DJ said...

Snow in Fiji
Mal we actually did this at Club Med! Get some shaving cream the
foamy kind it looks like snow, well sort of...
DJ