Sunday, December 13, 2009

HOLDING ON TO MY BUTT!!!

Monday 12/14/09 1430 hrs.

I have NEVER seen my barometer so low!!!!!

The wind is screeching. The boats are bouncing about.

Thankfully, I doubled up my bow lines this morning before the REAL stuff blew in.

The storm has been named MICK and is the first cyclone of the season.

This is the ONLY time I've felt it important to turn on my Anchor Drag Alarm while tied up at a pier.

So far, so good. No damage----yet. I expect to get struck by flying palm fronds.

MICK is a category 1----so far. It it passing right over the island I'm on and I can tell you this: I'm SURE happy to be at the marina versus out at sea!!!

Transmitting this message now as I'm sure the net will go down soon. Lost power hours ago.

Livin' the dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bula,

Cap'n Mal

No comments: